Otto Prutscher Jug


Otto Prutscher Jug



Otto Prutscher



Wiener Silber Manuactur



Relief coating of hollowware has always been one of the most difficult techniques for a silversmith. This jug, designed by Otto Prutscher in the 1930s, captures the light and reflects its surroundings. Though the manufacturing of the jug requires total mastery of the material, the elegance of the object conceals the painstaking exactitude involved in its production.

1882, Alexander Sturm, a trained gold- and silversmith, founded what is today Wiener Silber Manufactur in Vienna. By the turn of the century the silversmiths created objects for the intellectual elite that favored the simple lines of the Wiener Werkstätte.

After the Second World War, the manufacturer became involved with avant-garde again and partnerships with luminary designers and architects lasted until it closed its doors in 1982. It was the vision of an innovative tradition of service that inspired Georg Stradiot to found the Vienna Silver Manufacture in 2008. Today the company revives masterpieces from their collection of 11,000 drawings dating to 1882, as well as paves new roads in the production of silver with artists such as Erwin Wurm and Zaha Hadid.

Wiener Silber Manufactur uses a special alloy that contains 94% by mass of silver (Sterling silver, by comparison, only contains 92.5% of silver). The high value of raw materials ensures that the product value will increase over the years. In addition, the silver- ware is exceptionally easy to clean, since it is dishwasher-proof and extremely resistant to tarnishing.



Silver Plated with gold-gilding



Jug Martele

W 5.1" H 9.8"



Jug with Gilding

W 5.1" H 9.8"


Add To Cart