WIENER SILBER MANUFACTUR
In 1882, Alexander Sturm, a trained gold- and silversmith, founded what is today Wiener Silber Manufactur in Vienna. By the turn of the century the silversmiths created objects for the intellectual elite that favored the simple lines of the Wiener Werkstätte.
After the Second World War, the manufacturer became involved with avant-garde again and partnerships with luminary designers and architects lasted until it closed its doors in 1982. It was the vision of an innovative tradition of service that inspired Georg Stradiot to found the Vienna Silver Manufacture in 2008. Today the company revives masterpieces from their collection of 11,000 drawings dating to 1882, as well as paves new roads in the production of silver with artists such as Erwin Wurm and Zaha Hadid.